Who says, you can’t enjoy a vacation while you are pregnant? Of course taking a trip very close to labor is not encouraged by you can still enjoy a vacation mid-way from your pregnancy. In fact, traveling while pregnancy is a great way to release the stress of pregnancy but we should always take proper precautions and lots of planning before heading out.
So here are some easy tips and tricks which will help you enjoy your travel less hassle free.
- The most important of all is to consult a doctor before finalizing anything. Before you purchase your travel plans, check out the airline regulations for pregnant travelers. Get a medical certificate from your doctor confirming that it’s safe for you to travel.
- Try not to visit a place where immunization is required.
- While booking your airline ticket, let the attendants know that you are pregnant and you need an aisle seat, so you won’t have much trouble going to the bathroom.
- Wear comfortable clothes. A sneaker or even a flip flop is highly recommended. Wear something comfortable like track suits and so on.
- Though most airlines offer on-board entertainment but try to carry a MP3 player, books of your interest.
- Take care of what you are eating. It’s always better to bring your own food from home, besides almost every airline offers travelers to order special meals in advance. Please avoid junk foods.
- Always keep your emergency contact numbers, such as your doctor, husband and family, in handy. If possible, travel with a friend.